View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 04:45 AM

Jeff, thank you for your reply and the advice.

In the meantime I have created my own slice-based cylinder (100 slices, simply looped code with increasing height offset) with a decreasing alpha. Looks ok-ish for the purpose. I only have one issue with this:

The floor of the experimental space should resemble something like grass. I can't remember how but we ended up with an osgb object imported into the scene. At certain points of the experiment the floor gets rotated to prevent the participants to develop any orientation strategies apart from their actual instructions. And ever time after this rotation of the osgb model my cylinder gets opaque and strangely darkish if viewed from one half of the experimental space. From the other half it maintains its transparency. It does not matter whether the cylinder was present all the time, was set to invisible in the meantime, or got re-created from scratch.

Do you have any idea why this might be and how I could prevent it?

EDIT: And now I understand your above comment: the cylinder does not actually consist of slices, but more like cake pieces (makes sense, determines its roundness). This is why you were talking about fan-like elements.

Last edited by peterparker; 09-04-2018 at 04:51 AM.