View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 02:07 AM

Suggested graphics card

I am expecting my project lead to provide me with a registration license for Vizard this weekend. In the meantime, I have installed the 90-day trial so I can get comfortable with the software. I've got the avatar running circles around the lecturn, which is spinning like crazy. :)

I am running Windows XP Home on a MSI K8N Neo Platinum motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor, 1GB DDR, dual display, and I'm almost ashamed to tell you what graphics card I'm using. It's so old I can only get scripts/animations to run effectively in wireframe (even then, only 20fps).

Is there a suggested graphics card for Vizard? I normally just use this computer for audio applications so in the past my only criteria while shopping for a card was 8x AGP with dual display support.

Looking through these forums, I see some problems reported with ATI Radeon cards. Considering my motherboard runs an nVidia chipset, would it make more sense to use a nVidia graphics card?

Finally, money is definitely a concern. So the most affordable options are the most promising.

Any help would be appreciated.

Justin Hassler