View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 PM

So with this code would I have to alter the code between each trial? Like if I'm running 10 trials each of which lasts as long as it takes the participant to perform the desired goal-action, would I have to change the max samples in between each trial? Or is there a way to make it such that it collects at a constant collection rate for however long it takes the participant?

Also I don't understand the notation:
MAX_SAMPLES = 45 * 30

What's the * do? Does that mean that it will collect for 45 seconds at a rate of 30Hz? (That's what I gathered from an earlier response of yours). But the issue I will run into with that is that I'm not working with fixed time on any trial and I have no way of knowing exactly how long it will take. (E.g. if people are running from A to B to C to D etc. everyone will take a different amount of time depending on their respective abilities. There's no way to know exactly how long it will take a person to do that beforehand.) This code seems to be predicated on knowing how long the trial will last prior to the onset. Whereas I need to be able to be flexible enough such that whenever the person is done (accomplishes the goal) the collection stops (and that could range anywhere from 5 seconds to 20 minutes).

So maybe is there a way to do: MAX_SAMPLES = N * 30 (where N is however many seconds it takes on that particular trial)?