View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:11 PM

Ok. So what I originally had was:

movetime = [1,2,3,4,5,6]
sequences = []
for time in movetime:
MoveRoom = vizact.sequence(vizact.move(0,0,(0.5/time),time), vizact.move(0,0,(-0.5/time),time), (30/time))
sequences.append(MoveRoom)
sequences.append( vizact.call( WriteFlag ) )
MovingRoom = vizact.sequence(sequences, 1)

This made it so that the picture moved .5m/s forward for 1 second and .5m/s backward for 1 second (it did that a total of 30 times which added up to 60 seconds). The second iteration it moved .25m/s (.5/2) for 2 seconds forward and backward and it did that 15 times (30/2) for a total of 60 seconds. The third iteration it moved .167m/s (.5/3) forward and backward for 3 seconds and it did this 10 times (30/3) for a total of 60 seconds. ETC ETC ETC ETC In each case it was moving a total of .5 meters forward and backward it was just doing it at a slower velocity over a longer period of time.

Now I need to keep it semi-proportional to that. Namely, I need it to move .12m forward for .05 seconds and .12m backward for .05 seconds and to do that for a minute. (Just like above I need it to move a total of .12 meters (in this case) forward and backward and do it at a faster velocity over a shorter period of time.

So I need my movetime list to be like: movetime = [.05, .25, .75, 1, 2]. So it should start off moving very fast over a short distance and then gradually move slower over that same short distance. And each "iteration" needs to be a minute long. I know I'm missing something/my formula/equation is off/wrong, but I can't figure it out. If I'm dividing 30 by .05 that equals 600. So it should do that iteration 600 times which would end up being 60 seconds long. But it doesn't. It only does it a couple of times (which ends up being 2.4 seconds long).

Does that make sense?