View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 01:44 PM

Interesting. I think I understand that but will have to RTFM (read the manual) to really write that code. And I think I understand why it might be complex.

However, before I go down that potentially very labor and bug intensive path, let me propose a different strategy:

I wonder if the following might be an alternate, simpler approach: Have the system send out status information over the network.

E.g. maybe there is an easy way for it to update a text file on another machine. A process on that other machine could display changes to the status text file as they occur. This way, our system operator could be clued in to (or reminded of) what phase of our 8 phase experiment they are in...They could be reminded of how they set the experimental condition variables...They could be told what experimental condition the phase running now was in...It could send an SMS text message?

Is there any easy way to do something like this? Maybe I will want to do somethign like updating a text file on another system, or sending an email at each phase in the experiment...maybe the VR computer could write something to some kind of USB device that would display simple text information.

What parts of the vizard manual might be relevant here? Any particular python modules I should look at?

Other ideas? I'm interested in any alternative approach that might be easier. The output device does not have to have sophisticated display ability.