View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 07:46 AM

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you, I've only just started looking at this again today after being swamped with other work. I can get the volume to alter accordingly with the example that you posted, but I still have the same query, but I think that I can explain it a little more coherently now. Essentially if I set the volume of an object to 1 (max) and move away from the object the sound is still attenuated, this sort of makes sense - the object is playing at its maximum volume but I'm too far away to hear it. I would really like greater control over the sound than this, hence why I referred to overriding the sound level previously. So I still have some level of attenuation regardless of what calculated volume level I arrive at. I can compensate for this to a degree by adjusting my formula to take the attenuation into account, but I can't get rid of it completely. In actual fact I can still get the kind of effect I was after so it's OK, but would be good if I could stop the default attenuation completely. Thanks for all your help thus far.