View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:28 PM

Unhappy Texture map channel =! texture unit

Hi there,

I've been struggling for too long to make an effect using a turning belt (attached). I wanted to make the texture move along the T dimension but it happens on both sides of the belt which is not natural, since they should move in reverse to simulate a circular motion. So I split the belt in two element (in 3DS Max) and applied the same texture in different channels, but Vizard refuses to recognize the second channel no matter what! The code belt.getTexture('',1) returns always a blank node (-1).

What is the right way to do this in Max, so that it is recognized in Vizard? (I am using the .ive format with the OSG exporter). I noticed Max uses the "Map channel" which goes from 1 and on, but also has a "Material ID Number" going from #0 and on (right-clicking on a material in the material editor). Which one is the one corresponding to the "texture unit" in Vizard? I've made my multi-object material use both different UV maps in different channels but also different material IDs, with no result.

Thanks,
--tokola
Attached Files
File Type: zip truning_belt.zip (83.2 KB, 813 views)