View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 11:29 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Kim,

I'm attaching a script which I created back in my recveb days. Run the script and it will prompt you to browse to a face file. It will then change the intensity of all the facial expressions by a given factor. The following line should be near the beginning of the script:
Code:
FACTOR = 0.6
This will cause the script to decrease the intensity of the facial expressions by 60%. Change this value to whatever you want.

Here's a list of all the facial expression numbers which you can pass to avatar.setExpression:
[list=1][*] Mouth Open[*] Frown[*] Blink[*] Jawdrop[*] Raise Left Eyebrow (negative value will lower eyebrow)[*] Raise Right Eyebrow (negative value will lower eyebrow)[*] Smile[*] Pout[*] Widen Eyes[*] Big Smile[*] Squint[/list=1]

To find what texture file it is looking for, open up your face file and do a search for "jpg". You should find the texture file for the face and the texture file for the mouth. Look in the Vizard\avatar directory. There should be a file "mouth_texture.jpg", I think this is the default file.

I looked through the code of the avstu plugin and I found what the following commands do that you requested:

12 - Toggles whether the avatar can move its eyes
13 - Moves the avatars eyes by a given horizontal and vertical value
1000 - Resets the avatars facial expressions to neutral, this is what avatar.normal uses
601 -> 611 - This sets an individual facial expression to a given percent. This is what setExpression does, so you really don't need to use this.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip normalizehead.zip (493 Bytes, 1801 views)