View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 05:48 PM

Hi,
thank you for the answer.

1. Avatar: the line you wrote helps with the shading but the shading does not seem to be affected by the lightning of the room anymor meaning it does not matter if the avatar is below the table or on the table, the shading stays the same?! Should I rather use another format?

2. Most important problem: I'm using a modified version of the mouse-navigation from the post "Mouse problem" (steve is a research assistant here). I experience one problem when I try to rotate (with tab and mouse-button).
When I start rotating, my view jumps, which is not nice. (see attached code, import the file as a module in any existing scene).
Initialize in the scene-file with
view = viz.get(viz.MAIN_VIEWPOINT)
Navigation=SNNewBoth.SNNewBoth(view)

3. For an explanation of a vector-addition problem (physics topic: relative motion) I developed the following animation. Right now I have to start each motion seperately with a key (a, b, c). If I want them to start automatically after each other, I guess I have to do something like with

Code:
def mykeyboard(key):	
	if key == 'a':
		#arrowOrangeGlTemp.goto(0,0.5,0.2,0.05)
		#arrowOrangeGlTemp.size(
		arrowOrangeGlTemp.goto(0.3,0.5,0.2,0.1)#0.05 m per second means it takes 2 seconds
		return	
	if key == 'b':
		print 'hallo'
		arrowOrangeGlTemp.spinto(0,1,0,0,2,viz.TIME)	

return	
	if key == 'c':
		arrowResultant.translate(posBlueArrow.get())
		arrowResultant.rotate(45,0,0)
		arrowResultant.scale(1,1,0.1)
		arrowResultant.visible(1)
		arrowResultant.size(1,1,1,2,viz.TIME)
ball.callback(viz.ACTION_END_EVENT,HandleStop) after each action sequence... as in one of the examples, guess there is no other way around.

4. Sometimes when I use object.alpha(0.4) I have problems with the rendering of the scene. Funny things happen e.g. the color of fieldlines is black instead of red, or transparent arrows cut wholes in the wall. Guess I will have to make some screenshots sometimes to show what I mean.

Thank you,
Johannes
Attached Files
File Type: zip snnewboth.zip (1.1 KB, 1141 views)