View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 06:02 AM

cal3d exporter issue

Hi there, Aplogoies in advance if these are daft noob questions, but I can't find answers anywhere else.

I am pretty new to doing 3d stuff and have a query regarding the Cal3d exporters form World viz. Using max 9 and trying to develop some stuff for IMVU there appears to be problems. I am asking because one of the guys in here had an issue with an xaf file format and had no problems with xmf or anything else etc which apears to indicate it works.

Ok to the problem... When i export an object out of max 9 what I end up with appears to be the C file and not the X files. i.e CSF and not XSF.

When exporting from max i have for example, the mesh selected, hit export, select mesh and then type the file name with a .xmf extension. If i then open the file with notepad, it appears to be the CMF file. this from looking at the file structure document from the source site. GNA.org and comparing the layout.

So my question i, is, how do you get the xmf file? I have looked thru the documentaion on here and on the source site and can't find an answer. Just that they apear to be diferent files.

Also on start up i get a warning indicator that structure, i.e bones etc need to be defined befoe using this product, is this standard?

Again apologies if the answer to this is straight forward and i am just mising something.

Tally