View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 AM

I would prefer to use a black background, but, to my knowledge, there is nothing I can do to adjust the spectral content of the display, nor the spectral filtering of the glasses. (Aside, of course, from buying a new display or glasses, which I don't want to do.) This is why I was content to perceptually remove the ghosting by changing the background color, but it doesn't behave as expected, and I'd like to know if I can change that behavior.

For example, imagine if I start a Vizard script without stereo, and I draw one red and one green square, not overlapping. When I then set the background color, the red and green squares do not change color. However, when I start a Vizard script with anaglyphic stereo, and draw a distant white square (so that the two images are non-overlapping), the color of the background DOES change the color of the red and green square. In the extreme case where the background is white, the red square becomes a pale blue and the green a pale yellow. Can I prevent this effect?