View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 02:12 AM

General Questions about Vizard: World Viz

Hello there

The company I am working for has asked me to review several Virtual Reality creation tools, and World Viz is the one that I'm focusing on, as it seems to be the most powerful.

We had a list of questions, and luckily just by running through the tutorials I have been able to answer most of them to our satisfaction. But I still have a few left and I was wondering if you (the forum users and or administrators) could supply me with the answers before we possibly shell out for 5 licences.

One of our major concerns is World Viz's capabilities of having code/rules applied to it. From the tutorials it's obvious that this is possible, as the scripts used are python. The website even touts that it is easy to integrate C++ with the python. Yet there wasn't a tutorial for this and I haven't been able to dig up any examples to see how it's done. Is there an easy to follow example on the website that tells me what I need installed etc?

Also I believe that World Viz is capable of creating Web Deliverable content – can the python scripts be made to call external javascripts that share the same web page as the 3D environment? We need to be able to report back to a LMS (Learning Management System) and the easiest way to do this would be to use Javascript.

An extension to the previous question is how are finished simulations packaged. Does World Viz have the capability to create a executable file? Or is some kind of special viewer required? In the examples I've created and finished I haven't been able to find an “export” option. Sorry if this is a bit vague but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for yet. Again the inbuilt tutorials don't seem to mention this.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope it's made sense and that someone can answer my questions.

Regards

David Worsley.