Thread: Object.remove()
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 03:20 PM

My workaround seems to have a problem:

What I do: After each time-step my moving objects also calculate where they would be at the next timestep. If there is a colission (measured by the intersection of the line between actualPos towards nextPos and the object) with some object or beween two moving objects I set the next Position to that intersectionPosition...

Problem:
info=object.intersect(ball0503.actualPos.get(), ball0503.nextPos.get())

uses only the acutual position of the object. If the object itself is moving it will not be there in the next step. So it would actually be good to have a "ghost-object" e.g. info=ghost-Object.intersect(ball...)

but as invisible objects do not trigger intersections i have to think about another idea.... How would you improve the accuracy of the vizard-collissions?

The problem with the normal colissions is for example when there is a lot of load on the CPU the colission get's recognized too late, so the object is already outside of the possible space...

If you then turn velocity (reflect...) in the opposite direction it will have a colission at the next timestep again so it will turn around again (outside the possible space)...

Hope I made my problem clear...
Johannes