View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 02:29 AM

playing a sound multiple times at different timings

Dear all,

I am new to Vizard and to programming in general. I need to use it to program an experiment for my studies and while I have already done a number of tutorials, I still feel quite insecure. I wanted to ask for your help with the following:

I am trying to create a function that will basically call my trial (displaying two 2D pictures on the screen and playing some sounds). Because I got stuck at the sounds part, I started a new Vizard file just for the sound to try out different things.

I want the sound to play 10 times. I figured a loop should do the trick, but I can't seemt o find a way to do that...I've looked at sound.loop(viz.ON) and at viz.playSound('pip.wav', viz.LOOP) but these are endless loops. Here is what I have so far:

#stimulus
pip = viz.addAudio('pip.wav')

#Import Vizard modules:
import viz import time
import viztask
import vizact

#Start
viz.go()

#Sounds

cue = 1

while cue <= 10:
pip.play() # This should be executed 10 times
#viz.playSound('pip.wav')
cue += 1

But this doesn't play the sound 10 times...Not to mention that, ideally, I would want the sound to play at randomly intersperced intervals until the last (10th) sound is played. But that will be my next challenge. First, I need to figure out how to play the sound 10 times.

I would be really greatful for any pointers in the right direction! Thank you very much in advance!

Jelly