Thread: PPT accuracy
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 01:55 PM

PPT accuracy

Aloha-

I was wondering about a few issues to try and figure out the full functionality of my system. I am working with the PPTx4. First, the standard talk rate between my renderer and vizard is 60 Hz, is there a way to change that? I can find no obvious 'settings' other than threshold and sensitivity. Next, are there specific specs on the error inherent with these motion sensors. I was looking online and in my PPT help and didnt find them off hand. Finally, I need this system for some potentially very fine measurements and may run into issues with these markers. Are there ways to prevent them from moving as much as they tend to for me? More specifically, I am looking to mount a number of these on a torso to get a position of a person walking/running through an obstacle course. The problem is these markers (and the flagpoles(?) on which they are attached to the battery) move around more and dont provide great "rigid" body data. Any and all suggestions you or any other users have would be more than appreciated.

Thanks
email: simpson@bcm.tmc.edu