View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 06:28 AM

Ok...well...maybe my problem is in how the program is calculating some of the bearing/yaw/pitch/distance stuff.

I'm having people navigate the red dot from point A-->B-->C-->D-->etc. The way I have the code set up is that only 2 targets (max) appear at any given time. So once the red dot gets to target A, target B appears and then once the red dot gets to B, target C appears and target A disappears. The problem that I'm having is that my results are inconsistent. Sometimes the red dot is slightly above the target and the next one gets triggered and sometimes the red dot needs to be below the target for the next one to be triggered. Oftentimes the red dot isn't even close to the target when it's triggering the next target.

Am I calculating the distance between the points incorrectly? I need it to be able to identify the current target location and compare that with my currentyawpitch. Once the red dot is within the hotspot (which right now is set to 1 degree) then I need to it to trigger the next target to appear. Am I calculating my currentyawpitch wrong? (The people are standing still and only moving their head so they aren't changing x,y,z points in the environment. They're only yawing and pitching).

Does that make more sense?