View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:58 AM

Ok, Bill, I'm getting a sense of your setup now. It sounds like you have only one monitor, and the output goes from the computer through the goggles and then to your monitor. It's likely that your monitor resolution is 800x600, which is the maximum possible for your visor.

We had a similar setup before we got a dual-monitor card. We output our experimental variables outside the experimental window--you have the gist of the idea--but we had to alter our set up in order to do so. I don't think you can change your monitor resolution when you are using the backfeed as your primary monitor; I think we tried that, but the backfeed was limited to the max resolution of the visor. We used a VGA splitter with one end attached to the video card, one output connected to the visor and the other output to a monitor. Then we adjusted the monitor resolution to greater than 800x600, but set the experimental window to 800x600.

The output to the visor was limited to the upper left corner of the screen, so we could still view the input/output window in the Vizard environment. We used print commands in our scripts to output variables to this window at pertinent time points, like when a new trial started, or when the participant's response was recorded. I think your idea of making the experimental window larger than the visor's resolution might also work, particularly if you have a relatively small monitor that would make using the command window difficult.

I've attached a screenshot that might help. It's not from our actual setup, since we switched to dual monitors about a year ago, but it should give you an idea of what I mean. If you have the resources though, I would encourage you to either get a second video card or a dual monitor card. It has made a world of difference for us because it's made outputting experimental variables during script execution much, much simpler.

Good luck and hopefully I haven't led you astray.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.JPG
Views:	1184
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	350  

This time, it should work...