View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 08:21 AM

All right, I am two weeks later than my last post and I finally have a multimarker writing program. My current problem I believe is down to camera resolution.

I am able to record the positions of each marker in relation to an origin marker, and I take several averages of these positions. I then output that matrix into the format that an ARToolKit multimarker requires and go run that newly made multimarker file in another WorldViz application to test it out. The problem is that the model locations are being recorded between 5 and 25 mm difference from where they should be. When I put them in my other application (Which is basically the artoolkit_multi example with my newly made multimarker), the cubes do not line up exactly on the markers. Looking at the pattern file, I can see how much error there is.

I think this may be camera resolution, or possibly camera calibration issues but has anyone else run into problems with the ARToolKit plugin in regards to the error in the locations recorded?

I was gonna share my code in this post so that you can help me to figure out my final little problem, but I think I want to keep minimal control over it since I've labored at it so hard. If you PM me and are willing to help me fix my issue, I'll share the code so you can critique it.