View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 07:17 AM

3d multimarker setup

I would like to setup a 3 dimensional multimarker system using the ARToolkit plugin marker system. I have an example of how to do this with a 3 dimension cube and had no problems setting up the pattern file to make it work. I used it to show a rubik's cube augmented on top of that 3d cube with no issues.

Now I would like to make up a pattern file that is not so straightforward as a cube and I would like to not have to measure the absolute positions of the markers in the real world. It occurs to me that I have a camera pointed at my 3d multimarker and I am using the standard matrix markers to make my multimarker, so there should be someway to make my multimarker pattern file just using the output from the camera. (The camera should be able to tell me the marker location and orientation)

Has anyone used WorldViz and a webcamera to detect the locations of their individual markers and then turn that information into a standard multimarker pattern file. I've been able to get the raw marker positions in relation to the camera but I can't figure out how to turn the positions from the camera into a multimarker pattern file that the WorldViz can use. Could someone please walk me through the steps necessary to do this?

Thank you