View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:00 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi v-jbinney.

Even though it doesn't show up under "export selected," exporting normally for CAL3d actually does let you export separate meshes. It will export whatever mesh you have selected when you click export.

So I would guess that your problem is one of two things --
1. You have at least two separate objects, and when you are exporting, you have all your meshes selected at once.

2. You have one mesh with at least two material IDs, and wanted each id to be treated as a separate object.

I would guess that your problem is the first one, but I suggest reading the solution to the second problem anyways in case you ever are working with a model and decide later on that you need it to be in more parts.

1. The procedure for the first version of the problem is to select only one mesh at a time when you export. That is the way the cal3d exporter is meant to work, so if that isn't happening, something is going wrong with your copy of the cal3d exporter.

2. The procedure for the second as follows:
-Create selection sets for each group of polygons you want to be a separate mesh
-Duplicate the mesh as a copy, so it will retain skinning data
-Invoke your first selection set in each one
-Delete those polygons from the first mesh
-Invert the selection in the second mesh to delete everything but those polygons
-Repeat for each selection set
-Select each part and export one at a time as described in the first procedure