View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 07:50 AM

3D stereo on a secondary monitor (projected wall)

I'm completely new to Vizard. I read through the documentation pretty thoroughly, but can't seem to find the information I need. I have two questions, but first some background.

We've got a single back-projected wall, a head-tracking device, and shutter goggles. The projector is setup as the secondary monitor off an NVidia Quadro FX 3700. We'd like to do some real-time immersive VR 3D quad-buffered stereo experiments - honestly, nothing too fancy, just some simple objects in motion in 3D space with simple user input.

First question: should I use vizcave to set this up, or is that overkill/unnecessary? The demos seem to work just fine without - I was able to easily add our tracker, and link it to the viz.MainView, and it looks right (I think - I'm new to this).

Second question: how can I make the Vizard window open full-screen on the second monitor, but not the first? Right now, I'm opening in a non-full-screen window, dragging that over to the secondary monitor (projector), and hitting F2 to make it full-screen. But Vizard assumes I want full-screen over both monitors, when actually I'd like it to be full-screen on just the secondary monitor.

Thanks for your help!