View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 09:29 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Quote:
The website even touts that it is easy to integrate C++ with the python. Yet there wasn't a tutorial for this and I haven't been able to dig up any examples to see how it's done. Is there an easy to follow example on the website that tells me what I need installed etc?
Are you trying to create a python plugin or a Vizard plugin? Either way, you can download the Vizard SDK from the downloads page on our website which contains some examples. If you want to create a rendering plugin (i.e. custom node, modifier) you need to be somewhat familiar with OpenSceneGraph, since this is the underlying rendering engine used by Vizard.

Quote:
Also I believe that World Viz is capable of creating Web Deliverable content – can the python scripts be made to call external javascripts that share the same web page as the 3D environment? We need to be able to report back to a LMS (Learning Management System) and the easiest way to do this would be to use Javascript.
Vizard cannot be embedded into a web page. You can embed Vizard into your own GUI application using a toolkit such as wxPython.

Quote:
An extension to the previous question is how are finished simulations packaged. Does World Viz have the capability to create a executable file? Or is some kind of special viewer required? In the examples I've created and finished I haven't been able to find an “export” option. Sorry if this is a bit vague but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for yet. Again the inbuilt tutorials don't seem to mention this.
No, Vizard does not have an option to package your script into a single executable.