View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 05:01 AM

Walking avatars --> collision detection?

Currently I am working on a scene in which I as viewer am surrounded by a lot of walking people (the default avatars).

However, the walkto-command sometimes lets an avatar walk through 'myself', resulting in a jump of the viewpoint (due to the collision detection). In what way is it possible to solve this problem (proposed it is possible!)? I can mess a little with the coordinates I send the character to, but as I can walk freely through the scene, this cannot be guaranteed.

Another problem is avatars walking through each other. Don't they have any collission detection?

And to ask my last question: is it possible to group avatar objects into an array? Take a look at my code below and you'll understand why .

See an example piece of code below:
PHP Code:
import viz
import whrandom

# Handles all timer events for the therapist machine
def mytimer(num) :
    if (
num == 1) :

view_pos view.get(viz.HEAD_POS);

a1.act(a1.walkto(view_pos[0] + whrandom.randint(-23), 0view_pos[2] + whrandom.randint(-23)));

a2.act(a2.walkto(view_pos[0] + whrandom.randint(-23), 0view_pos[2] + whrandom.randint(-23)));

a3.act(a3.walkto(view_pos[0] + whrandom.randint(-23), 0view_pos[2] + whrandom.randint(-23)));

a4.act(a4.walkto(view_pos[0] + whrandom.randint(-23), 0view_pos[2] + whrandom.randint(-23)));

a5.act(a5.walkto(view_pos[0] + whrandom.randint(-23), 0view_pos[2] + whrandom.randint(-23)));

a6.act(a6.walkto(view_pos[0] + whrandom.randint(-23), 0view_pos[2] + whrandom.randint(-23)));

a7.act(a7.walkto(view_pos[0] + whrandom.randint(-23), 0view_pos[2] + whrandom.randint(-23)));

a8.act(a8.walkto(view_pos[0] + whrandom.randint(-23), 0view_pos[2] + whrandom.randint(-23)));

a9.act(a9.walkto(view_pos[0] + whrandom.randint(-23), 0view_pos[2] + whrandom.randint(-23)));

viz.go(0);
view viz.get(viz.MAIN_VIEWPOINT);

# Create the room and make it a bit larger
myroom viz.add('../room/room.wrl');
myroom.scale(10310);

# Set background color
viz.clearcolor(000);

# Turn on collision detection
viz.collision(viz.ON);
viz.stepsize(0);

# Test moving avatars
a1 viz.add('female.cfg'); a1.translate(101);