View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 01:17 PM

VRay, and Complete Character animation questions

Hi all,

2 questions:
First, the lab I'm working in recently bought a model that uses VRay (we don't have the plugin yet, so we get a missing dlls error message for VRayMtl, VRayMap, VRayEdgesTex, and VRay DEMO). We are looking to import the model into a Vizard world and would like as realistic of a render as possible. There are a few threads here regarding VRay and incompatibility with OSG exporting, but they are a bit old so I was wondering if there have been any changes since then.
Can models rendered with VRay be exported for use in Vizard?

Second, this is really a question about how to create custom animations of Complete Characters for use in worlds created in Vizard, so it might be more of a 3dsMax question than a Vizard one.
Mainly how could I create an animation that can be applied to multiple avatar bodies? I don't know what body we will be using yet, and I assume there is a way to make "generic" animations that can be used with multiple avatars.
I know how to make animations using keyframes, mostly what I'm wondering is what specific things I need to do/watch out for in order to make the animation compatible with multiple avatars.

Thanks in advance!