View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:54 PM

Awkward neck/shoulder connection when adding custom head to vcc model.

Hi!

I've been trying to figure out where I might have forgotten some crucial code/procedure to adding custom heads to the complete characters avatars. At the moment, I can import the new heads just fine into Vizard. My troubles lie in the awkward way the neck connects to the shoulders of the avatar. Instead of being centered, the neck appears to be slightly offset toward the back of the avatar as well as slightly inside the chest. So, it looks like the back part of the neck extends too far out from the back and the neck is "missing" within the torso.

I thought it may have been the complexity of the code I was working with; however, when I created a new viz file and tried the vizard help page with these following lines:

import viz

viz.go()

body = viz.addAvatar('vcc_female.cfg')
head = viz.addFace( 'biohead_all_morph.vzf' )
#body.setFace( head )
body.setFace( head, 'Bip01 Head', 'Bip01 Neck' )
body.setEuler(180, 0, 0)

...I get the same result. The head imports well, but the position is off. I first considered maybe the neck vertices were wrong, but I also remade the head files and still ended up with the same problem I had as before. I'm fairly certain this isn't natural, and I'd appreciate any help I can get in resolving this issue. If anything, is there a way to change the offset in the neck manually without sacrificing any abilities that may be connected with the head/neck bone animations?

Thanks in advance!