View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:30 AM

Custom head with 3dmenow or facegen & peoplemaker

Hi all,

I would like to create a custom virtual head based on a front picture and a profile picture. I've tried to use 3dmenow for this, but as soon as I start the program, the example.now file results in a strange 3D preview. Looks like the photos are not correctly applied to the 3D model (see attachment). The same happens when I try to model a 3D head of my own head based on pictures. Somebody knows how to fix this problem?

I've also tried to use facegen to create a 3D model of my own face, but when I import the result of facegen and auto-scale the head (as described in the peoplemaker manual), it becomes tiny and I have to zoom in a lot to be able to see it. Furthermore, navigation becomes near impossible at these scales. The navigation mode does not pivot around with the head as the centerpoint, but around some other (arbitrary?) point. When I do zoom in at the correct level and manage to navigate such that I can see the head, next I need to compute the neck vertices and use the vertex select mode. When I click the compute the neck vertices, my head has a lot of green dots (selected I guess). When I click vertex select mode, I can drag what I want, but it does not change the selection of vertices. Any help with how to solve these problems I'm having with 3dmenow/facegen and peoplemaker are appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Example 3dmenow weird 3d preview.JPG
Views:	1668
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	554