View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:58 AM

Heads with geometries for eyes and mouth

Are there any changes/updates to the "How to create custom heads for your Avatars" thread based on the newest version of Vizard?

I would like to adjust the eye contact an avatar makes with a user. I would like heads with geometries for the head, the mouth, and the two eyes.

bailenson has graciously given me some custom heads for my research. They can lip-sync and morph, but they are from 3dmenow 1.045. So their eyes cannot independently move. For now I can only move the head (geom_0) in different directions to move the eyes. When I open the heads I currently have in PeopleMaker, geom_0 is defined as the head and geom_1 is defined as the mouth portion of the head. When I open biohead_eyes.vzf in PeopleMaker, geom_0 is the left eye, geom_1 is the right eye, and geom_2 is the head (no mouth portion defined).

3DMeNow Professional 2 has an option to export the eyes as separate geometries from the head geometry. Do I need to purchase 3DMeNow Professional 2 and make heads from scratch?

Does any one have any heads with the eyes and mouth already exported as separate geometries?

Thanks so much,
Karla