View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 03:02 AM

Post Vizinput Failure

Hello!
We have investigated this for a while, and were ultimately able to avoid the error by redeploying the SteamVR installation and briefing users to ensure that the VR hardware is properly connected and recognized before launching our application .exe file. Our usual error handling would normally stop our application, due to the VR hardware not being detected, so this was only the case when SteamVR had intermittend connection problems.
It seems that this error occured, because SteamVR services may become intermittendly unresponsive during application startup for this reason.
We were not able to determine why this affects the file dialog itself.
Further attemps to recreate this error with the same version of our application and a fresh SteamVR install have led to the application just stopping and logging that the connection to hardware has failed, as it should.
Should this error occur again, i will record SteamVR logfiles and make them available.
Thank you for the support mspusch and i will gladly assist if i can, should anyone encounter this problem in the future.