View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 07:30 AM

Thank you for your reply. I import lots of models of houses, scale them, arrange them to resemble a city for an experiment - these have to be arranged on the fly for the experiment to work.

I would like to export the city for presentation purposes or to try the same level with a different engine. But with the custom OSG files Vizard produces, it is not possible to load it in any other software.

Looking at the various ways in which the different exporters fail (I understand that these are unsupported - this should however be clarified in the documentation), I think it might not be impossible to make at least one of them work for the next release of Vizard.

I can think of many other use cases for a working export function - it's just good to have some interoperability. It seems like the only problem with the DAE export are the custom transformation type, which doesn't seem to be a problem in the OBJ exporter. The OBJ exporter has problems exporting materials correctly, which doesn't appear to be an issue with the Collada exporter. One working export plugin would make my life a lot easier.