View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 07:51 AM

apply transformations on vizconnect link

Dear All,

As part of our experiment setup, we use a few link operations to, e.g., rotate the virtual world with respect to the physical world. This worked fine before when i imported my own trackers and manually linked them to the MainView. With vizconnect, I can't get this to work, I am probably abusing something or missing a priority setting.

This is the example code
Code:
headTrack = vizconnect.getTracker('head_tracker')
headLink  = headTrack.getLink()
posRotationOperator = headLink.postEuler([0,0,0], target=viz.LINK_POS_OP)
posRotationOperator.setEuler([10,0,0])

# if i now try to see if the view differs from the raw tracker output, i see it doesn't:
print tuple(headTrack.getPosition(viz.ABS_GLOBAL)) + tuple(headTrack.getPosition(viz.ABS_GLOBAL)))
print tuple(headLink.getPosition(viz.ABS_GLOBAL)) + tuple(headLink.getEuler(viz.ABS_GLOBAL)))
print tuple(viz.MainView.getPosition(viz.ABS_GLOBAL)) + tuple(viz.MainView.getEuler(viz.ABS_GLOBAL)))
All three lines above print exactly the same position and orientation, irrespective of what operations i have active on the link. Could you tell me how i can make this work again (the exact same code, but with my manually created link between the tracker and the mainview works fine). this is an up to date Vizard 5.

Thanks!