View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 03:18 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Although it would be nice to export models from Vizard to other software, it's not a workflow that we've focused on, so we can't really recommend it. We provide the the save() command so users can access the built-in OSG functionality, however none of the plugins are very reliable when it comes to exporting, as you can see.

Is the model you are attempting to save out, loaded from an IVE/OSGB file with embedded textures? This might explain why most of the formats don't display textures, since there is no actual image file on disk. Even then, I don't think any of those plugins support saving models that contain multi-texturing, so that might be another issue for you.

The fact that Vizard uses a custom transform type isn't some fundamental limitation to exporting the model correctly. It's just that those plugins were never written to handle such cases.

You should look into the FBX or DAE formats. If either of those look promising, then I can look into modifying one the plugins to support properly handling custom transform types (i.e. Vizard transforms). This change would only be made in Vizard 5 though.