View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeeson
No. The thickness of the "wall" is only 0.01, maybe that has something to do with it. I'll try increasing the thickness, and see if that makes a difference.
Oddly, increasing the thickness of the wall made more rays NOT intersect the wall, while decreasing the thickness of the wall made more rays intersect the wall. By setting the wall thickness to 0, all rays properly see the wall, and the map I get looks like the right figure (see above thumbnails) which is correct. As I increase the thickness of the wall, more white rays go through the wall in the map I make, showing improper intersections with viz.phys.intersectLine()

Attached is the .wrl file of the environment I am using (I changed it to .txt to get it to upload). If you search and replace 0.01, you can change the thickness of walls. I start at (10.5,1.3,-21.0) with an orientation of 0.0. The rays you see in the left image that go through the wall are at about 12.25, 1.3, -17.5 (the thing in the middle in the picture is an avatar).

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Test.txt (7.0 KB, 1488 views)

Last edited by pbeeson; 09-12-2006 at 04:56 PM.