View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:13 PM

Red face Some more detail please!

Farshizzo,
thanks for your reply however I had 33% success! The scale worked fine but I still have the other two problems:
1) You didn't respond on how to deactivate collision of the robot with the viewpoint on each window. Although the robot is not rendered in its own window, it still collides with the viewpoint. Why? Eventually, the view is pushed to ~2.32m instead of the default 1.82m, just between body and head, due to this collision.
2) You need to be a little more detailed about your second response because I am still an amateur Vizard user! What's the tracker gonna be in this case? I am using the setTracker to manipulate the robot as mentioned in the examples, updating the matrix on every frame:
Code:
robot.setTracker(view._player_matrix)
Inserting a second call to this method just ignores the first one and the robot is not following the viewpoint. I've tried these two option separately:
Code:
robot.setTracker(viz.link(robot.body, viz.NullLinkable,offset=[0,-0.2,0]))
robot.setTracker(viz.link(robot.head, viz.NullLinkable,offset=[0,-0.2,0]))
What else can act as a tracker in your provided solution? And of course, when this is implemented correctly the viewpoint will collide with the robot's head (going back to problem 1)!

Excuse my -probably- naive question but I am trying to understand and learn.
Thanks,
tokola