View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:48 AM

Thanks a lot Jeff,

it was eventually my carelessness, since I was using another class name not residing in the module

The linking works fine besides the fact that I can't get rid of the robot in the first person view, so it collides with the viewpoint and sends it to outer space! I am using the 'renderOnlyToWindows' command but it doesn't work, I assume because of the linking. If, on the other hand, I get rid of the view collision, then I can get through walls which is undesirable. What's the solution in such cases?

I have a similar problem with a hand cursor I have linked with the view in 3D space (not screen) which is offset 0.2m in front of the view and the view collides on it only when I am moving straight in one of the 4 directions. The only solution I found was to set the collisionBuffer() to zero, but then whenever I am too close to objects the cursor disappears behind them. Also collideNone() applied to the hand object doesn't resolve the problem.

Isn't there a way in both these cases to reset the collision of the object, so that it doesn't collide with the viewpoint?!? It seems such an easy fix but still...

Thanks a lot for your feedback!