View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 AM

Michael,

WALL
Thanks for looking at the model. I see now there is indeed a alpha channel in the texture, my bad! This was no issue in previous versions of the exporter/MAX/Vizard using the same textures/models. That's why I didn't suspect the problem to be with the texture.

When I set the exporter to not export opacity maps and use DXT1 it still exports the alpha channel within the diffuse texture image? I guess this behavior has changed since MAX2013 or the new exporter or the latest Vizard? That could explain it, since I used this setting in earlier versions without this problem.

TREE
Regarding the tree, I'm using a GTX680 with the latest drivers. The multisample alpha was and is working fine. The lines are the biggest problem. You say tiling is the answer, so I enabled it. But then you see lines on the top of the tree from the repeating of the treetrunk. See the picture below.

Why is tiling an issue? It never was with previous versions... I find it peculiar to have to set tiling to 0.98 or so to solve a problem which did not exist previously. My complete model has several hundreds of objects with a non-tiled texture. There must be a better way to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Jaap

Last edited by JvdBosch; 01-03-2013 at 02:40 AM. Reason: picture