View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivanangel View Post
I've noticed exporting issues with some image files when exporting from the native format to whatever techniques are used in 3D Studio Max to convert them to other file formats. Did you try this with no compression and see if you get the same result?
Just because it works in 3DS Max does not mean it will work outside of the application. Especially when you consider mipmapping and the potential for textures to be resampled during the export and import process.
Like I said, the exact same model with the same textures exported fine in 3DSMax 2011. Something has changed on either 3DSMax 2013, the exporter or both. I'll try to reproduce the issue with a simple max file, so the experts at WV can take a look.

It looks like the exporter is doing something weird at the edges of the texture images. I had something similar with tree textures, face mapped to a square polygon. At the edges of the polygon the transparency of the texture disappeared, so it looked like the trees were inside a box... So exactly the other way around than the wall, where a transparency appears at the edges of the texture.