View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 05:09 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Does the following satisfy your needs (it's a bit convoluted but I think it is efficient from a computational perspective and solves your multiple window sync issues):
[list=1][*]Switch the main view to draw to something other than scene 1. This keeps the main view from doing any rendering. You could optionally drop in a texture rectangle into the scene that span the whole view (see VideoVisio.py) that is your window background (i.e., the window labels, borders, etc), or use Vizard’s GUI features to do this on scene 2.
[*]Create your sub views, and since they default to scene 1 they will render your normal scene (e.g., walking avatar). You can now place the sub views anywhere you desire within the coordinates of the blank screen (0-1, 0-1).
[/list=1]
This method restricts you to developing your app entirely in Vizard, but as the latest version of Vizard includes quite some GUI tools (there are even several new and undocumented tools in 2.53 such as drop down hierarchical menus, editable text fields, etc) you might find it acceptable. But please let me know if you have further requirements not met by this suggestion as there are still a few other developments in the pipe that might be applicable to you. Also if you need help with implementing this suggestion don’t hesitate to post a follow-up on that.