View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 02:42 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeeson
I noticed in version 3 that viz.phys.intersectLine() is much faster than viz.intersect(), but viz.phys.intersectLine seems to have some problems:

1) It returns intersections for non-visible objects (object whose visibility is set to off), which is different that viz.intersect()
I just fixed this. Setting an object to non-visible will automatically disable physics on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeeson
2) It ignores the viz.disable(viz.COLLISION) command. Is there a way to get it to ignore certain objects?
I can run viz.phys.intersectLine(begin,end,True) to get a list and then check object IDs, but I don't know if there is an easier way (especially considering that if you have many objects, it might be an optimzation to not check for intersections with particular objects at certain times, e.g. if you are casting rays from within an object).
I just modified the physics intersectLine/Node commands so that they ignore objects which have physics disabled on them. viz.COLLISION will still only pertain to the old viz.intersect() command.

I know this really doesn't help you now, but we will probably release an update within the next few days.