View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 04:14 PM

Problems with 3DMeNow Avatar Heads

Hi Farshid,

I'm having several problems with avatars that I'm hoping you can help me with.

First, I'm having a problem with avatar heads created with 3DMeNow. Specifically, for several of the female heads I've made, small pieces of the mouth geometry seem to be "poking through the cheek" whenever the avatar smiles. Any idea how to fix that?

Second, I'm trying to work with some functions that Andy and Alex Dimov wrote which allows you to remove the eyes from the 3DMeNow head (imported into Vizard) so that the eyes can be animated. I can get the eye geometry to be removed okay, but the texture map from the face seems to be getting applied to the eyes rather than the texture map for the teeth, eyes, and tongue that gets created when you export a 3DMeNow head. Is there a way that I can specify what texture map gets applied there?

Finally, do you have any better documentation on the avstu commands? I've looked at what's in the Vizard documentation, but I've also noticed that there are a lot of other commands getting called from the avatar.py script and the avatar3d.py script that Andy and Alex wrote. It would be helpful to know what those commands are doing so I can modify some of the functions for a project I'm working on.

Let me know if you need more details about any of these questions. I had written a much longer, more detailed message, but it seems to have gotten lost in cyberspace

Thanks for your help.

Kim