WorldViz User Forum

WorldViz User Forum (https://forum.worldviz.com/index.php)
-   Precision Position Tracker (PPT) (https://forum.worldviz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Problem with tracker after reboot (https://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=136)

eugcc 04-06-2004 07:28 AM

Problem with tracker after reboot

I have installed Vizard with 3 computers in windows XP for the first two Dell notebooks and a Desktop with Win2000 Professional. Before reboot my tracking device Intersense Intertrax2 works perfectly in the Gallery Demo. But after rebooting the first WinXP gallery doesn't track anymore, that's why I proceed with the second Dell WinXp, which worked, then it didn't work after rebooting.

Proceeding to Win2000 it worked for a couple of days without reboot, I rebooted today and it doesn't track anymore! The intersense server and ISDemo provided by intertrax2 showed that the device is operational and showed the Yaw/Pitch/Row working alright, but Vizard just doesn't track!

The errors are:
** ERROR: Failed to connect to intersense
FFB device create failed

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks much!

mspusch 04-06-2004 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Eugene,

There are three possibilities about what could cause the problems you see. Please do the following:

A) Use a new Intersense driver provided at worldviz.com/intersense_215.zip and attached to this post. Replace the driver intersense.dls in the Vizard20/plugins folder with the new driver. This driver lets you specify the port the Intersense is connected to. For example, if the intersense is plugged into COM2 you would do the following:

PORT_INTERSENSE = 2
Isense = viz.add('intersense.dls')

B) You might have installed the Intersense Server on your computer, which runs automatically after restart and is known to conflict with other Intersense drivers. Please make sure the IServer is not running when you run the Vizard applications.

C) It sounds like you are only using an Intersense cube, not the PPT (WorldViz Precision Position Tracker for walking around in the simulation). For this, please get rid of the lines

pos = viz.add('vizppt.dls')
pos.command(4.002)
pos.command(13)

and lower down (where the reset button is defined) the line

pos.reset()

Hope that helps.

Matthias

eugcc 04-07-2004 01:02 AM

Its working now!

Dear Support, what would we do without you???!!!

Its working now after closing the intersense server! The other SkyDiver Demo from Maelstrom also worked. The intersense server is at fault.

Thank you

Mai 08-01-2009 12:13 PM

vizard and ppt

HI Folk

can I have a control to the vizard's avatar through PPT? ( for example ,if subject moved his head ... avatar will move his head ?)

I am looking for motion capture system can be used with vizard without using any other software.

any other information?

thanks

Mai

Jeff 08-03-2009 11:26 PM

In order to do motion capture with Vizard and PPT you would need to purchase Motionbuilder and the Live Characters plug-in.

What kind of motion capture do you want to do?