WorldViz User Forum

WorldViz User Forum (https://forum.worldviz.com/index.php)
-   Vizard (https://forum.worldviz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Unexpected Change of Window Size (https://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=4668)

javadi 07-10-2013 05:50 AM

Unexpected Change of Window Size

Dear all

I have two problems with window size that might be related to each other. First of all, the window size is not what I define. I define the window size as

Code:

viz.window.setSize([WindowWidth, WindowHeigh])
viz.go()

When I run only these two lines Vizard opens a window with correct size, but when I run the whole code, it creates a window with wrong size. I also tried to open a full screen window using the following code but was not successful.

Code:

viz.go(viz.FULLSCREEN)
The 2nd problem is unexpected change in window size. After a few seconds of running the presentation, the size of the window changes to a narrower window (smaller height). It causes misalignment of some of the textures in the screen.

I run the code on Vizard 4.08. I should add that I have absolutely no problem with the same code on a different machine with Vizard 4.05.

What could be causing these problems? Very many thanks.

Greetings
Amir

farshizzo 07-10-2013 09:26 AM

Do you have a trial or lite license of Vizard? If so, they only support fullscreen mode for 10 seconds and will automatically resize afterwards.

javadi 07-10-2013 09:50 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We have lite license. We normally don't use full screen anyway. I used it once to check whether it works or not, after facing those problems.

Cheers
Amir

javadi 07-19-2013 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javadi (Post 15099)
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We have lite license. We normally don't use full screen anyway. I used it once to check whether it works or not, after facing those problems.

Cheers
Amir

Hi farshizzo and all

May I remind about this post? Still, I've not found out how to deal with this unexpected resizing issue. Very many thanks.

Greetings
Amir

Jeff 07-19-2013 10:41 AM

That is the expected behavior for the Lite license. It supports fullscreen mode for 10 seconds and then will automatically resize.

javadi 07-19-2013 03:45 PM

Hi Jeff

Very many thanks for your reply. But we don't use full screen at all. We define the size of the screen explicitly as follows

Code:

viz.window.setSize([640, 480])
viz.go()

Vizard even doesn't open the screen with correct size. For instance the size of the opened window for the defined size of 320 x 240 is quite the same as the size 640 x 480.

Thanks for your time and attention. We highly appreciate your help.

Greetings
Amir

Jeff 07-23-2013 10:40 AM

The lite license will limit the window size to 3/4 the resolution of the screen.

javadi 07-23-2013 02:56 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.