WorldViz User Forum

WorldViz User Forum (https://forum.worldviz.com/index.php)
-   Vizard (https://forum.worldviz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   16:9 output (https://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=2042)

durf 05-20-2009 07:19 AM

16:9 output

Hello,

I need to be pointed in the right direction for this. We are switching projectors from a 4:3 to 16:9. I would imagine that this would effect how the output would look(stretched). Is there some way I can adjust for this? is this what field of view does? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have not tested the new projector yet to see what the output would look like. I am going off what I think would happen. Thanks

farshizzo 05-20-2009 09:06 AM

You might need to adjust the aspect ratio to account for the new projector size. By default, Vizard computes the aspect ratio to match the size of your screen, so you shouldn't have to change anything and it will work. If you have manually specified your own aspect ratio, then you will need to change that in your code. If you have used the viz.fov command in your code, then the second parameter controls the aspect ratio. If you set the value to viz.AUTO_COMPUTE then Vizard will determine the proper aspect ratio for you.

durf 05-20-2009 12:05 PM

Ok I have another question. What if I am running multiple projectors. projector 1 is 4:3 and projector 2 and 3 are running 16:9. Does it still auto-detect or do I have to change the FOV?

Thanks Much

farshizzo 05-20-2009 12:20 PM

I don't understand, are you splitting the video signal to multiple projectors?

durf 05-20-2009 12:52 PM

Sorry I should of clarified that earlier. I have 2 dual video cards on my computer. I am using 3 DVI ports. So I can span a window across 3 DVI ports. So my x axis range is going to be -10 to 40 for example. I plan on using 3 projection screens. The reason I am doing it this way is because the front screen is going to handle anything on the x axis from -10 to +10, the back screen is going to handle 10 to 30, and then a projector that shoots at the floor, and thats going to handle everything between 30 and 40 on the x axis. Between the screens are going to be the dancers with the sensors. The look im shooting for is to give a feel of being in 3d world.

So back to the last question. the front projector is just a regular 4:3. We have to use a different projector for the back screen because because the distance is about 25 ft. So a wide angle lens should do the trick, that projector is also 16:9. So since im using 2 different projectors, will vizard pick up on that or will I have to make different windows to support the 16:9 change? Im thinking I have to make seperate windows to make this happen. IE one view will be standard(-10 to 10 on x axis), the other view will support 16:9(10 to 30 on the x axis).

I can try to clarify more if need be.

I wish I could draw you a picture haha.