WorldViz User Forum

WorldViz User Forum (https://forum.worldviz.com/index.php)
-   Vizard (https://forum.worldviz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   how to create morph from the comple characters CD (https://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=1138)

michelcm3 07-10-2007 02:03 AM

how to create morph from the comple characters CD

I'am looking for a tutorial or some advices on the appropriate methods to create morph from complete characters. Thanks

farshizzo 07-10-2007 11:05 AM

Hi,

There is currently no tutorial for creating morph targets with complete characters. Do you have a copy of 3ds Max? If so, I can provide you with some instructions on creating a morph target.

michelcm3 07-11-2007 12:39 AM

I have a copy of 3ds Max and I really want to know haw I can use the .max files inside the complete characters 's CD to create morph target.

farshizzo 07-11-2007 09:28 AM

Hi,

The basic workflow is the following:

1) Modify the mesh to the desired morph state
2) Export the modified mesh to a cal3d mesh file
3) Add the new morph to your avatar cfg. The cfg will look like the following:
Code:

mesh = head.cmf
morph = head_smile.cmf
morph = head_talk.cmf

As you can see, the morph target declaration must come immediately after the associated mesh declaration.
4) In your script you and modify the morph in real time by using the following command:
Code:

#Set morph 0 to 50%

The morph targets are number from 0 to X based on the order they were declared in.

Let me know if you have any more questions

michelcm3 07-13-2007 05:06 AM

Please, I want to create a morph mouth_open in 3ds Max I'am a beginner and I don't know which tools I must use another to open avatars mouth.
could you please give me some instructions

k_iwan 07-14-2007 07:30 PM

HI,
could I have access to the tutorial as well? This will come in handy for a Research Assistant who wants to use 3DS Max.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Iwan

farshizzo 07-16-2007 12:40 PM

Hi,

As I already posted, there is currently no tutorial for creating morph targets for complete characters. The instructions I posted above outline the process. If you have any specific questions I can answer them for you.

k_iwan 07-17-2007 02:57 AM

Hi,

I do apologise, I thought what you meant by tutorial was like a pdf or html format that is geared more towards beginner-artist side.

Thank you, much appreciated :D

Kind Regards,
Iwan

michelcm3 07-19-2007 01:43 AM

I succeed to modify the mesh to the desired morph state and to export to a to a cal3d mesh file: mouth_open.CMF.
When I add the new morph to my avatar cfg, I have the following error when I run the script.
** WARNING: Failed to load morph file: mouth_open.CMF
cal3d : Internal error in .\coremesh.cpp(145)
what could be the problem.

farshizzo 07-19-2007 10:15 AM

Hi,

Did you define the morph immediately after you defined the mesh for the head? Your cfg file should look like the following:
Code:

mesh = headmesh.cmf
morph = mouth_open.cmf

mesh = othermesh.cmf