WorldViz User Forum

WorldViz User Forum (https://forum.worldviz.com/index.php)
-   Vizard (https://forum.worldviz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   help with triggering an action (https://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=5685)

jelly 04-08-2016 07:44 AM

help with triggering an action

Hello!

I have a small problem because I don't know how to combine two actions.

I have a small texquad on the upper left corner of the screen and a list fo 4 pictures, that will be shown one after the other as textures to the quad. I want my trial function to go though all 4 pictures in the list. A left mouse button click shoul trigger the next picture. However, I want this to happen, only when the left mouse button is clicked AND when it is placed over the textquad (basically selecting the picture), but not when the lft mouse button is clicked anywhere else on the screen. Do you have any pointers that would get me in the right direction?

(I am a beginner with programming, I am not asking for debugging, this is just to see whether my rationale is completely off or whether I am already on the right track)

Here is what I have so far:

Code:

##########################

import viz                                                                                                       
import vizshape                                                                                               
import viztask                                                                                               
import vizinput                                                                                               
import time                                                                                                       
import random                                                                                               
import linecache                                                                                               
import vizact                                                                                               
import itertools

viz.setMultiSample(4)                                                                                               
viz.fov(45)

#Start Vizard                                                                                                               
viz.go()

####~~~~~~~Setup~~~~~~~####

viz.mouse.setOverride(viz.ON)

#Set background colour
viz.clearcolor(viz.GRAY)                               

#Make a screen window:
screen1 = viz.addTexQuad(size=0.5)           
screen1.setPosition([0.5,2.2,1.3])
screen1.setSize([0.2, 0.2])
screen1.setTexQuadDisplayMode(viz.TEXQUAD_FIXED)
screen1.visible(viz.ON)

myList = ['sil1.png', 'sil2.png', 'sil3.png', 'sil4.png']
myListIndex = 0

def click():
        object = viz.pick()
        if object == screen1:
                print 'picture'
                vizact.onmousedown(viz.MOUSEBUTTON_LEFT, click)

def trial():
        global myListIndex
        screen1.visible(viz.ON)
        for x in range(4):
                picture = viz.add(myList[myListIndex])
                screen1.texture(picture)
                viz.mouse.setVisible(viz.ON)
                vizact.onmousedown(viz.MOUSEBUTTON_LEFT, click)
                yield viztask.waitTime(3)
                myListIndex = myListIndex + 1
        screen1.visible(viz.OFF)

viztask.schedule(trial())

Thank you very much in advance for the help!

Best,
jelly