WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 06-23-2009, 01:26 PM

Nvidia 3D vision Bundle

Hello all,

We have just recently purchased the GEFORCE 3D vision bundle from Nvidia and we were trying to use it with vizard. We have succesfully installed and run their demos but are not getting the stereoscopic effect in vizard. Can anyone give me some hints on how to make this work? is this supported? I was doing the testing using a lite version of vizard, is this the problem?

any help is greatly appreciated
Old 06-23-2009, 02:14 PM
WorldViz Team Member

From my understanding, the current version of the 3D Vision drivers only support Direct3D applications on Windows Vista or higher. Vizard uses OpenGL for 3D rendering, which makes it incompatible. The following post on the nVidia forum mentions that there might be OpenGL support in the future.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farshizzo View Post
From my understanding, the current version of the 3D Vision drivers only support Direct3D applications on Windows Vista or higher. Vizard uses OpenGL for 3D rendering, which makes it incompatible. The following post on the nVidia forum mentions that there might be OpenGL support in the future.
The future is now. Actually it was day this thread started. On 6/23, Nvidia released the 186.18 drivers that provided support for XP/Vista and OpenGL using the 3D Vision kit. I'm using 3D Vision with a couple of different GIS software apps that rely on OpenGL. I detailed my experience in a couple of different places on Nvidia's 3D Vision forum, mostly here.

The implementation is slightly different depending on whether you're using Vista or XP since there's no official 3D driver yet for XP. That's been promised "very soon" but for know you'll have to extract the usb/emitter drivers from the Vista 3D driver. As an enterprise user, I'm locked into XP and had been waiting for over 3 months for this driver release (though I'm also using it on a Vista x64 machine) and am happy to say 'so far, so good!'.

I'll be curious to hear if your experience is positive or not.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: