Thread: HMD view jumps
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 AM

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. The frame rate reading fluctuates continuously between about 74 and 76 fps, changing almost too fast to see – I think this probably counts as stable, doesn’t it? When the HMD image jumps, this has no effect on the frame rate reading.

I don’t think the graphics card driver is likely to be the problem, as I updated this quite recently. The Oculus SDK, which includes drivers, is version 1.16 and this was also installed quite recently. I wonder if updating to version 1.18 would make any difference?

As regards the tracker, I have it plugged into a USB 3.0 port on a PCIe USB 3.0 card that is connected to the motherboard. As far as I can tell, this PCIe slot isn’t sharing bandwidth with anything else. At any rate, the Oculus Configuration Utility showed that the tracker was not dropping frames when I was running Oculus SDK 0.8 (this utility no longer seems to be available in SDK 1.16).

As far as the PC hardware is concerned, I suppose it could either be the processor or the graphics card, as the processor falls short of the minimum system requirements and the graphics card only just meets them. Do you have a view as to which is the more likely candidate?