PDA

View Full Version : Tightening a screw scenario

AlyssaK
01-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to simulate the scenario of tightening a screw. I have been using a pretty basic wrl file which looks like a pole with a flat edge. Would anyone have a wrl file they could upload to look more realistic? I would like to see the actual thread of the screw.

I've also been having a little bit of trouble with the co-ordinates. I would like the screw to be positioned with the thread of the screw closest to the desired location and the top flat edge in the users view. (As if i was performing this operation myself). I've been able to get the top of the screw touching the location but on an angle.

Are there any examples of this scenario that i have overlooked?

Thanks! Alyssa.

Gladsomebeast
01-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Sounds like you need some 3D artist skills. With modeling software, like 3ds Max, you could create a screw model and position it in relation to the hole. You can also try using Vizard's "stage" feature to position the screw.

Jerry
01-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Here's a good screw.

AlyssaK
01-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Would anyone happen to have a wrl file of a washer (or any other vizard supported file format.) they could post?

I haven't used the software packages available to create these type of objects before and only need basic examples (at this stage...).

Thanks.

Gladsomebeast
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Of couse, you can use a stand in object for your programming efforts. Perhaps the scaled box.wrl object included in the Vizard install would do?