PDA

View Full Version : FaceGen Compatibility

VR_enthusiast
08-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Do FaceGen models work with Vizard, PeopleMaker, or 3DMeNow?

farshizzo
08-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Do you want to just import a static face, or do you want to use a face with morph targets? Either way, are you able to export a FaceGen model into a format that Vizard supports?

Gladsomebeast
08-07-2006, 04:04 PM
We have tested the demo models avalable on FaceGen's website with Vizard. Static faces work well. Generating morph targets in PeopleMaker for *some* of the morphs included in the FaceGen demo models did not work. As we did not export the morphs from FaceGen ourselves, it is possible that options could be setup to get PeopleMaker to work with all of FaceGen's morphs.

tobin
08-08-2006, 10:00 AM
The main requirement for PeopleMaker to work (make Vizard compatible morphs) is that the underlying vertex mesh be indentical (e.g., same number of vertices, same mapping). If that's met, then things should work.

VR_enthusiast
08-08-2006, 12:25 PM
I am trying to make morph targets using PeopleMaker. I've imported a static face successfully, but whenever I try to create a morph target it tells me that the number of vertices is not equal. Which morphs were you successful in generating?

Gladsomebeast
08-08-2006, 01:03 PM
From the vrml97 morphs avalable for download at http://www.facegen.com/downloads.htm

I was able to generate a morph target between the john_all_vrml97.wrl and john_all_vrml97_ModifierBlinkLeft.wrl.

Gladsomebeast
10-11-2006, 12:05 PM
How goes your work with FaceGen?