PDA

View Full Version : Mismatched Translation Between Real Motion and Display

amir
05-30-2018, 12:34 PM
I’m using Optotrak to capture motion to update the visual scene accordingly. However, I can’t get the scene to react properly to the marker motion. Below is how the first-person view in the scene changes when moving I move with the marker.

Marker turns to the left = scene turns to the left
Marker turns to the right = scene turns to the right
Marker moves forward = scene moves to the right
Marker moves backward = scene moves to the left
Marker moves left = scene moves forward
Marker moves right = scene moves backward

When we rotate left and right, the scene updates how we want. But as shown above, the 4 translations do not update the scene correctly. I performed my Optotrak alignment to match the XYZ coordinates of the pit.osgb model that Vizard provides, but the real-life motion still doesn’t update the visual scene correctly.

Am I approaching this wrong? Is there something I need to add to the script regarding the coordinate system?

Thanks!

Jeff
05-30-2018, 03:37 PM
It should not be necessary to make any modifications to the coordinate system in Vizard. Try testing with the following script after specifying the correct hostname:

import viz
viz.go()

viz.addChild('piazza.osgb')

opto = viz.add('optotrak.dle',0,'192.168.0.114')
body = opto.getBody(0)

viz.link(body,viz.MainView)

This video tutorial (http://kb.worldviz.com/articles/1051) is quite old but it may help with the optotrack setup.

amir
05-31-2018, 07:17 AM
I repositioned the cameras while using the default Optotrak alignment and it now tracks properly.

Thanks!