PDA

View Full Version : Modifying CAF Animations

MissingAFew
06-11-2015, 12:07 PM
We currently have the models and animations sold on vizard website and would like to modify animations in 3DS max (for example, take the animation in which the avatar falls and add a bit more so he gets back up).

Basically, we need to modify the animations given to us... not make new ones. I'm assuming this is possible since we payed for the for the entire package and received the models/rig. However I've only seen information on how to export animations, not how to import animations into 3DS max. Any help or direction would be appreciate, I've never really used .CAF before so I'm not sure how it works. :)

Jeff
06-11-2015, 02:33 PM
The source files for the Complete Characters have a .max extension and these can be loaded directly in 3ds Max. The exported Cal3D files are only for loading into Vizard.

MissingAFew
06-11-2015, 02:37 PM
The source files for the Complete Characters have a .max extension and these can be loaded directly in 3ds Max. The exported Cal3D files are only for loading into Vizard.

Only for loading into Vizard? Why can't I load the animations into 3DS max, we need to be able to modify them. :confused:

MissingAFew
06-11-2015, 03:07 PM
It says on the website and product description:

"3rd party software integration allows you to customize avatars using 3DMax Character Studio or other tools of your choice."

But I am unable to customize the avatar animations? I can create new ones from scratch (which is time consuming and costly) but I cannot customize the animations that were bought? :mad:

Its a bit misleading to be honest, it says numerous times there are 3DS max files and "Cal3D compatibility" but there is no compatibility when it comes to loading the animation files into 3DS max. This is a significant problem... will it be fixed? Can we get the 3DS max files for the animations at least (not just the model and rig)?

Jeff
06-11-2015, 03:40 PM
All the source files are provided including the animations. The animations have a .bip extension. With the HD Complete Characters the Max source files are an additional purchase. The standard Complete Characters includes the Max source files. If you're having trouble finding the Max source files you can contact support@worldviz.com for further assistance.

MissingAFew
06-11-2015, 03:46 PM
All the source files are provided including the animations. The animations have a .bip extension. With the HD Complete Characters the Max source files are an additional purchase. The standard Complete Characters includes the Max source files. If you're having trouble finding the Max source files you can contact support@worldviz.com for further assistance.

I'll have to double check since I wasnt the one who bought them, but we do indeed have the 3DS max files and I recall being told we had access to all the source art... yet I don't see any .bip files.

We'll get in touch with support to get it sorted out. Thanks.